Sunday, September 25, 2011

Colorado: Rocky National Park

The mountains are some of God's most beautiful creations!




In Rocky Mountain National Park, we drove around enjoying the scenery, hiked around Bear Lake, Alberta Falls, and went to Adams Falls. We saw lots of wildlife.

Some of the aspen trees were turning but not too many yet.

We saw a lot of chipmunks, deer, and elk all over, but we didn't see any moose. One of my favorite parts was hearing the male elk bugle and watching him herd the females.




"Feed me, please. I'm hungry."
This is a marmot that suddenly startled me. I was just walking on the sidewalk looking for a marmot when I suddenly looked down, and there was this marmot who was just sitting on the rocks minding his own business!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Hannah - this looks like my kind of trip!!! I love spending time marveling at God through the beauty and majesty of HIS creation!!! Thank you for sharing about your trip through your last few post. I've greatly enjoyed reading about your journey! It looks like it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete