Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Fireworks!


    We had a wonderful day with family on the Fourth of July.  In the morning we went and visited Grandma and Grandpa and had a very nice visit with them.  In the afternoon we went out to our cousins house.  Their house backs up to a lake so we swam in the lake and played on what they called a Maui mat (a large floating board that several people can float on).  After we had dinner, Ellen and I went kayaking; and then Dad, Mom, Ellen, and I went on a bike ride around the lake.  We biked farther than we expected, though, because we had to turn back within about half a mile of the end because it was blocked off for the fireworks.  It was a beautiful ride despite the distance, with the scenery and the pleasant summer weather.  Then to end the night, there were, of course, fireworks!  I don't care to light them too much, but I really enjoy taking pictures of them.  (I apologize I don't have pictures of anything else.  I forgot about the camera and couldn't really take pictures while I was swimming, biking, and kayaking "smile".)


I'm sorry Ellen is so dark, but I couldn't get it any better.
The neighbors house and the peaceful lake
 Orange!!!
The grand finale!


2 comments:

  1. Those are such amazing pictures, Hannah! I especially love the one of the grand finale :-). ~Savannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of fun with some good exercise thrown in.

    Love,
    Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete