Saturday, July 30, 2016

Crochet Projects

This summer I have returned to my hobby of crocheting!  The College World Series and movie nights at Grandma's have enabled me to make tremendous progress on several projects.  I have completed three baby blankets for friends with newborns, two others in progress, and one yet to make. 


And for my newest project...Mason jar cozies!!!  I thought of the idea in bed the other night and then searched for patterns the next day.  I found plethora of patterns online,  but I particularly liked the felted ones.  They are made of wool which will insulate and wick away moisture.  

This is how my first one turned out.  The pattern was for a smaller pint sized jar.  I could have washed it more to make it fit a pint jar, but Mom and I liked how it looked on a quart sized.  This one made me pull out my knitting needles which I have not done in months (as I usually prefer crocheting)!  :-)
My second one in progress. ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Handwork by Hannah! We'll see how this one turns out.  ๐Ÿ˜Š




4 comments:

  1. Wow, Hannah!! Those are SO good!! :-)
    I didn't know that you knew how to knit. That's neat!! :-)

    ~Skylar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so cool!! You'll have to show me how you did the borders--those are really pretty and unique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah,
    So glad you are taking pictures of your beautiful work. I know that every project is filled with your sweet spirit, generosity, and love. May God continue to guide you and bless you as you share your talents and creativity with others. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your crocheting projects look beautiful! Nice work! -Gracie

    ReplyDelete