Friday, July 29, 2016

In the Rain

I am sorry about the several weeks absence.  This is a post I've been meaning to do for almost a month but just haven't.
Ellen and I took a short walk in the rain on a Saturday when it had rained all day.  It was an uplifting reprieve from a rather stressful day.  Rain gives a beautiful effect in photography so I took some pictures too. 
The bumble bee didn't mind the rain either.

As I've tried to think of a quote or poem to go with this post I thought of several things: Jo March's heartbreaking poem "Four Little Chests all in a Row" and her proposal in the rain in Little Women (smile), a poem by Robert Louis Stevenson in his A Child's Garden of Verses, and other analogies that could go along with rain.  But the one I think fits that walk in the rain is the hymn "There Shall Be Showers of Blessings" because that walk was a great blessing even on a difficult day.

"There shall be showers of blessing:"
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Savior above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need;
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

Words: Daniel W. Whittle (w. 1883)
Music: James McGranahan (w. 1883)


1 comment:

  1. So fun!! I love walking in the rain!! :-) Ooh, those purple flowers are really pretty!! I actually think we may have the same kind of flowers on the side of our house, I'll have to go check later... :-)

    ~Sky

    ReplyDelete