Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Summer Selfies

Since Ellen and I have had a friend move out of Omaha recently, we have been texting her random selfies of what we've been doing.  To record those fun memories and give you guys a small glimpse into what we've been doing, I decided to post them!
Tracing stencils to make hieroglyphics to decorate for our church's VBS whose theme this year was Egypt
Praise the Lord for stencils!  I could not have done it without them!
Red Mango!  Ellen absolutely loves this place.  So ever since Grandma gave us gift cards, we have made several stops there.  Yum!! (This is not officially a selfie as I took I, but I'll include it anyway.)
Random good night selfie to our friend!
Playing Five Crowns last Friday
 It is one of our new favorite card games that friends from church introduced us to.  (Grandma played too, but unfortunately she didn't quite make it into the picture!)
Playing Dutch Blitz, another favorite game, on the back porch after I took the ACT
  It was such a blessing to relax and have fun after that ordeal.  :-)

     At the beginning of summer, I always seem to stress over how I spend my time.  I want to make my summer productive by doing things I am less able to do during the school year (such as fun reading, doing some school, practicing more piano and violin, and the like) but also I want to leave plenty of time to do fun things with family and friends.  I need to continue to be thankful for the things I have been doing (shown by the pictures above which are only a small glimpse) and know that the most important things that God wants me to accomplish I will accomplish.

One of my goals is to blog a little bit more.  Blogging is a wonderful way to record events and to practice my writing skills. :-)  I hope also to be able to make it a blessing to others and honoring to the Lord.  

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." 
Colossians 3:17 
 


4 comments:

  1. This is a great post!! ❤️
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,
    I enjoyed looking at these pictures that do give a wonderful glance into your beginning of summer activities. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really fun post, Hannah! I think it's great you guys decided to send your friend selfies! =) Can't wait to see you on Thursday!!!! =)
    -Jaidyn Perran

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys have been busy!! You guys have seriously got to get over to my house to swim! :)

    ReplyDelete