Sunday, April 3, 2016

I'm back!!

Hi!  I am extremely sorry that I have not posted since the end of October!  My life has been crazy and I have just not taken the time to post anything.  In spite of that, I am going to post LTC (Leadership Training for Christ) pictures (upon request) and a couple songs that I have been thinking about lately.

Opening ceremony
Bible Bowl!  
This year the theme was No Fear taken from the books of Joshua, Judges, and Ruth.  Ellen and I took the three round multiple choice quiz that covered those three books.  (No, Dad didn't do it too.  :-) )
Grandma was able to come with us!!!  She was very kind and drilled us on Bible Bowl questions the entire way down to Kansas City.  I don't know what we would have done without her!
Puppets!
My high school puppet group (I'm the girl with sandy brown hair in the middle.)
Ellen's middle school group
Songleading
Ellen led "Stand Up, Stand Up for Jesus".
I led "God Bless You, Go with God".
In one of the adjoining hotels we found a piano that we could play.  :-)  (There was a waterfall in the background which covered up some of the sound so it didn't disturb what was going on.)
There were many smiles and laughs (and food!)
Small choruses:  
Large Chorus


Ellen and I really enjoy being in large chorus and each being in small chorus.
The whole group!  
I think I heard that there were about 40 kids from our church participating this year.  It is such a wonderful opportunity to participate in this every year.  I enjoy doing the group activities and spending time with other people from our church.  I learn much from the books of the Bible we study each year (many of which I would not study otherwise) and the songs we sing.  I am very thankful for all the people who put so much effort into helping us prepare for it and making it happen.

This song talks about fear which fits this year's theme, and I had it stuck in my head throughout LTC weekend.  I am trying to learn to surrender my fears to the Lord and let Him carry them.
Never Walk Alone:


4 comments:

  1. Wow Hannah, this post is great! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We're hoping to participate in LTC next year. ;-)
    -Jai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, Hannah! :) Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! So sad we couldn't participate this year.... oh well, maybe another time! :)
    -Ariel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a lot of fun! What was your favorite part of doing LTC, Hannah?? ~Sky

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to say what my favorite part was...probably small chorus. :-)
    Thanks to all of you for commenting!

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete